Wednesday, July 22, 2009

sweet song?

Afternoon, everyone. The results of the Songwriter Showdown are as follows: Spiral Diary won the judges' vote, and Willy Eklof won the popular vote. Congratulations to both! And thank you so much to all of you who came and supported me in my first Utah solo performance, my belief was that it was a success. And many, many thanks to Charlotte and Julie for helping me out with pictures and CDs. I hope they're both planning on going on tour with me. Ahem.

There are some of you who have questions about my CD that I gave out Saturday night. Brief summary. I recorded it in April of 2007 with my friend Austin Potter in Olympia, Washington at his studio that he was then calling "Tapes N Tubes." Originally, the name of this first album was "Ticklish Tuesday and Friends," but the name never really stuck. Maybe I'll come up with something better later. Also, I added a bonus track that I recorded on Garage Band two years ago. Just for fun. Track List:

There's A Difference
Driving
Johnny Oh
It Wasn't You
Don't You Worry Darling
Kept Me Clean
Transformation

(Now, I think this is the right order, but the songs are pretty self-explanatory if it isn't. I'm sure you can figure it out.)

If you would like a free CD, e-mail me at amandanavares@gmail.com and we can figure something out. Also, I'll be handing them out this Thursday at Guru's while I play the 9-10 pm slot. I've been there to eat multiple times before, and let me tell you, it is delicious. Might I recommend the Good Karma Pasta, or the Spicy Curry Bowl. But I'm kind of into the tofu thang, so beware. Yes. See you all tomorrow night. I'll be the one with the guitar.

No comments: