Thursday, September 24, 2009

whoah.

It has been exactly two months since my last post.  I'm not necessarily proud of this, keep in mind.  My plan was to have at least a weekly update of events, so now I'm going to have to do some intense catch-up work.  Let's start with where we left off, yes?

Recording.  All done!  I sat down with Micah to mix and master it all, then I sat down with former band friends to preview it and give it the OK, and now my recordings sit on my computer with plans as of now to be released this November.  I know this seems far off, but I still need to find album art, come up with the funds to produce the thing, and plan my CD release party.  Progress is slow, but I am still determined to get things done.

Glorious Boise.  I realize I fall in love easily at times, but I think Boise is the real deal.  On my journey back to Washington, Jacob and I made a pit stop in Boise to play a rad house party, set up by my new lifelong friends, Bonnie and Miles.  Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.




Homeward bound.  I left for Washington the morning after the Iron and Wine concert in Salt Lake City.  I am so grateful that I was able to spend that last night in Utah with all of my closest friends.  I'm now located in the beautiful city of Bellingham, WA.  It's still taking some adjusting, but when you know you're supposed to be somewhere you'll take all the time you need.  I've played a few open mic nights at The Three Trees Coffeehouse and I have a show lined up for January the 12th.  So, not the most active I've been, but I'll get there.  Always looking to play with other musicians, so if anyone out there wants to jam, shoot me an e-mail.  I'm friendly, I swear.  

I feel like I have more that I need to say.  But this post is already long enough, and that's my own fault for my lack of dedication.  Thank you all for the gentle coaxing to get things done, fans.  I will not continue to leave you in the dark.  Except for right now, because hot cocoa is calling my name, and I can't deny her.

No comments: